Thursday, January 26, 2006

Don't Move That Rock! You'll Kill the Fairies!

This is the best news story I've read in a long time. It was called to my attention by my friend, John McNichol: according to the Times Online, a development project in St. Fillans, Perthshire, has been scuttled due to the presence of fairies. Just as they were set to move a large rock, developers were stopped by a villager who called out, "Don't move that rock. You'll kill the fairies."

Complaints began to pour into the developers' offices, and the matter was taken to the city council, in which the chairman said, "I do believe in fairies but I can't be sure they live under that rock."

Apparently the council decided to err on the side of caution. The development company was forced to find a new site.

Read it here!

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for attributing. Nice to see you getting into the blog business. ;>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home