Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Warning: Cute Kid Post

Mia wanted to get a snack from the pantry. A box of raisins, maybe, or a granola bar.

"No more food," I said. "Dinner will be ready in twelve minutes." Hamburger Helper simmered in the big cooker thing. I don't know what the hell it's called. It cooks.

She threw her hands up over her head, flung her body back onto the couch, and said, in a weak and sorrowful voice, "Oooooooh, that's making my brain break!"

"It's making your brain break?"

"It's making my brain hatch like an egg!"

I couldn't keep the smile off my face, which did not endear me to my daughter just then. "What's coming out of it?" I asked.

Pitifully: "All my ideas."

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Nathan. I love the way kids say things. (I remember Erin seeing a ferret and saying, "That's a really long mouse." I'll spare you any more expansive anecdotes.)

Anyway, really enjoying the blog.

JeffV

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Nathan! It's Jeff Valka here, from Clarion '92. I came to your blog by way of Pam's blog. Your daughter is adorable.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Thanks, Jeff! She is pretty adorable. I myself am quite astonishingly ugly, so you'll have to credit her mother. I see you're linked; I'll skip on over to your place and say hello . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home